Location: San Jose, California, USA
Requisition Number: 183721
Global Quality Systems Manager
Lead and drive integration and sustainability of Global Quality Systems across Jabil Green Point
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement and support the set up of integrated quality systems for Global Quality in the
respective region of responsibility; namely, Americas; Europe; Asia.
- Support the Design Leaders in all Regions to drive deployment of all regional and global
Quality System Initiatives.
- Create and manage a community of Quality Systems Management across the region ensuring the
use of best practices across all phases of Design from Design Concept to Design Realization.
- Ensure that Design metrics (KPI) are accurately and effectively used to assess the
continuing suitability, adequacy, and effectiveness of the quality management systems.
- Ensure that all sites employ the full range of quality systems development and problem
solving tools as required.
- Drive Global Quality Systems initiatives throughout the region of responsibility. Establish
Quality as a competitive advantage.
- Work with Design Leaders in each design site to Review the Gap in current Quality system and
then Close the Gap to ensure standardization of Design Concept to Design Realization
- Ensure quality system objectives are met in the region of responsibility.
- Create and manage a community of quality systems professionals and Subject Matter Experts.
- Drive Continuous Improvement mentality across all sites.
- Provide a path of escalation for all Design Quality/Systems Managers and Quality teams.
- Work synergistically with other Functional leads across Operations Development Team in
region of responsibility.
- Provide reactive support to individual sites and businesses in the event of quality system
issues and escalations.
- Provide leadership within the Quality Management community of region of responsibility.
- Provide leadership within the Ops Dev, Design communities and Business Unit Leaders in
region of responsibilities, focusing on Systematic and Process standardization approach.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include: Director
Global Quality Systems
- Job is directly or indirectly responsible for managing other employees (e.g.,
hiring/termination and/or pay decisions, performance management) in a highly matrix environment.
- Excellent leadership and communication skills.
- Track record showing continual improvement of personal skills.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in quality management systems.
- Results-driven change agent.
- Ability to communicate in all media forms and cross-culturally.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence all levels of the organization.
- Professional manager
- Effective communicator
- Organizationally astute, but not politically motivated.
- Practices humility and influencing at any level within organization to achieve goals.
- Proficiency in use of personal computers, Microsoft Office products (Excel, Word and
PowerPoint) and e-mail skills required.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering. Science or Analytical discipline required.
- Minimum of 8 years of relevant experience.
- 5 years of experience in management in a heavily matrixed environment.
- Certified Six Sigma Black Belt preferred.
- Experienced in successfully leading the Quality System preferable in a Design Environment
(Be it OEM and ODM) for example multiple design locations across multiple regions to drive
for Gap analysis across sites and standardization and streamlining of Design Quality
- Proven experience implementing ISO 9001 quality management systems, advantage if with
experience in implementation ISO 17025 certification
- Experience as a QM / QMS in high volume, high mix industries.
- Or a combination of education, experience and/or training.
Jabil is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without
regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.