Location: Huangpu, China
Requisition Number: 186425
Business Unit Manager
Develops and implements programs, projects or processes for an assigned customer account(s)
(Business Unit). Develops and sponsors tactics to achieve strategic objectives across functional
groups or within a business group through customer interaction. Influences strategic direction
and develops tactical plans and completes complex assignments with minimal supervision or
review. Provides comprehensive solutions to complex problems. End results are evaluated for
achieving goals and objectives. Extensive contact with internal and external customers is
required to obtain, clarify or provide facts and information.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- The Business Unit Manager is a member of the plant strategic leadership team.
- Establishes and manages current customer relationships, striving to capitalize on organic
revenue growth opportunities.
- Demonstrates an entrepreneurial spirit and drive.
- Full responsibility for a customer/site Profit & Loss (P&L) statement (generally in a single
- Responsible for the Request for Proposal (RFP) process for assigned customer accounts. May
support RFP processes for other accounts.
- The Business Unit Manager is the leader of the workcell and is accountable for the
operational and financial performance of that workcell.
- Manages the performance, developments, and rewards for direct reports. Indirectly manages
work of others through Jabil’s Workcell business model.
- Pricing (i.e. materials and value-add).
- Full responsibility for continuous improvement of customer relationship performance metrics
and customer satisfaction.
- Responsible for tactical execution of established contract terms.
- Manages and drives the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) process with assigned customer
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree required. Masters Degree preferred.
- Degree in Engineering, Finance/Accounting, or Business Management preferred.
- Plus 3 - 5 years work-related experience required, preferably in Financial or Manufacturing Operations fields.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.