Location: Huangpu, China
Requisition Number: 188994
Technical Project Manager
Technical Project Manager will lead and support assigned projects, programs and initiatives of
medium to high complexity applying project management and technical expertise to support the
group and company strategy. Manage assigned projects through the various stages of development
from concept through plant deployment. This includes developing SOW, business proposals,
functional requirements, and technical alignment, project plans with milestones, financials, and
implementation plan. Provide management and technical guidance towards successful collaboration
with multi-functional groups and direct project team responsible for implementation of Jabil’s
strategies. This is a Subject Matter Expert role could be cover quality, manufacturing
engineering ,testing and other operations functions.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Experienced in manufacturing and testing of consumer video camera and overall optics
products (laptop webcams, laser projection units).
- Overall owner of Process Control Plans, Test Plan Coverage and that all optics performances
match customer requirements.
- Experience with High Accuracy Pick and place equipments and/or Active alignment technology
is a plus.
- Lead and train local factory teams in Best Practices, Lessons Learned.
- Own plant level project scheduling (assess resources - man and equipment) for delivering in
time and on budget DoEs, customer/product specific equipments and testers.
- Own plant level project/activity tracking (action tracker, provide regular updates on
projects, track quotes/POs/invoices)
- Track the ordering of materials/equipment as needed.
- Own the scoping and flushing out of new work requests and generate corresponding SOWs
- Assist in defining experiments. Work closely with customer and Jabil
Design/Industrialization teams when needed.
- Assist in writing and reviewing technical reports (DoE reports, Failure Analysis reports,
Build reports). Be the filter for information going to customer. Maintain high level of
quality in reporting.
- Serve as the liaison (one communication channel) between customer local teams, international
teams and Jabil different divisions (Factory, Automation, Industrialization, Test
- Find and engage other appropriate Jabil and/or outside resources when activity is outside
local resource capabilities
- Reprioritize resources when necessary
- Maintain close relationship with Jabil Manufacturing and Jabil Design teams. Copy them on
- Chinese mandatory, English MUST be fluent in both writing and speaking. Audio-conferences
with USA/Europe customers are a key part of the job.
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Management. Direct supervisor job title(s) typically include:
Engineering manager, QA Manager, ME manager, TE manager and so on.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination
and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Experience managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to form and lead strong multi-functional teams to achieve company and customer
(internal or external) objectives.
- Organize verbal and written ideas clearly and use an appropriate business style.
- Ability to effectively present information to management and/or customer personnel.
- Ability to respond in a timely fashion to common inquiries or complaints.
- Define, develop and implement strategies contribute to the overall company and group
- Demonstrate high performance orientation, detail orientation, market knowledge and sound
- Demonstrate ability to build and leverage partnerships, implement change and manage
- Advanced PC skills, including training and knowledge of statistics tools such as Python,
Minitab or JMP.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Degree in Science or Technical discipline with at least 8 years of working experience in the
technician level or higher
- Must have excellent analytical skills with a good work ethic and verifiable track record.
- Must have strong interface skills and a general understanding of a manufacturing environment
and process overview.
- Experience in technical discipline required.
- Project management certification (PMI) preferred.
- Related industry experience is a plus.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, experience and / or training.