Location: Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Requisition Number: 189209
System Software Engineer
System Software Engineer will develop software solutions for control of capital equipment used
with discrete part manufacturing processes. Your work will include the design and development of
machine automation control software systems. Development activities include but are not limited
to process control, motion control, and machine vision. You must have proficiency in C/C++,
developing software components/libraries for Windows. Experience developing system control
software for automated manufacturing equipment and machine vision software development.
Experience with image analysis algorithms will be helpful.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Leads design and development of complex systems
- Leads development and implementation of changes to product design and/or the manufacturing
process to achieve efficiency, quality, and/or cost improvements
- Develops requirement specifications, system concepts, CAD generated machine layouts, detail
drawings, BOM’s and budgets. Makes layouts of complex assemblies and details of parts of
devices, mechanisms and structures.
- Leads customer product design engineering for economic production and serves as technical
interface with customers as designated
- Assesses proper material, tooling, automation and equipment selection
- Works with manufacturing to trouble-shoot problems, upgrades, retrofits, set-ups, methods
development, and the development of process parameters
- May lead product development meetings and makes recommendations to product design changes to
enhance manufacturing and assembly
- Conduct proof of concept experiments and design other testing requirements as needed
- Develop SOP’s, operations and maintenance manuals
- Research new technology or development tools to remain informed of current technology
- Thorough understanding of Lean Six Sigma tools, projects and processes and ability to
incorporate these into assigned engineering projects
- Lead role in small or large project, as assigned. Reviews completed projects for accuracy,
clarity and completeness.
- Ensures projects are compliant with all local, regional, and national regulatory
requirements, codes and controls.
- Supports all company safety and quality programs initiatives.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS, Engineering or equivalent
- 6+ Years of related Engineering experience, 4+ with Masters Degree
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience