Location: Haifa, Israel
Requisition Number: 190058
Process Development Senior Technician
Able to independently perform all of lab assembly, test, and analytical activities associated
with Optics Process Development. The responsibilities include: Performing and documenting
microelectronic-precision assembly, various tests and experiments in the process development
laboratory. Support Optics Process Development Engineers, Technical Management with other tasks
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Understand elementary assembly, repair and test processes & procedures used within Jabil
- Understand and use wire bonding, flip chip, bare die and/or SMT assembly equipment, test
equipment, software and program languages used by the team
- Demonstrate proficiency in one or more process technologies (i.e. wire-bonding, bare die
placement, active alignment, optical testing) used by the Process Development team
- Operate, maintain, and verify when necessary that equipment used meets specifications
- Perform laboratory experiments, collect/document test results and support projects as
- Documentation of experiment and research findings using Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Perform technical analysis as directed (e.g. die shear, wire bond pull, dye and pry, solder
joint anatomy, etc.)
- Support Statistical Analysis including; DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, and other
analyses when requested
- Assist responsible engineer in evaluating results of testing and analysis
- Follow directions and instructions as directed by engineer responsible for project.
- Complete all training and education assigned in Success Factors
- Be familiar with relevant industry standards and specifications (Mil Std 883)
- Be familiar with advancements in opto-microelectronics, wire bonding, precision die
placement, dispense, wire-bonding, and/or SMT technologies.
- Understand and adhere to all safety and health rules and regulations associated with this
position and as directed by engineering staff
- Understanding of Hazardous Materials handling and ESD avoidance procedures
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Complete training requirements identified by department manager and in Success Factors
- Continuous improvement of core competency in emerging technologies
- Comply with departmental time tracking procedures (i.e. Kronos) for all work performed
- Participate in General lab maintenance and cleanliness
- Collaborate, exercise courtesy and respect, to all Jabil, supplier, and customer personnel
- Requested to have a current valid passport for travel
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Site Engineering Director or his designate.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination
and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Capable of programming and operating various microelectronic, optical assembly equipment,
initial troubleshooting, problem solving of issues related to equipment used.
- Work with equipment suppliers on upgrading HW/SW, troubleshooting of performance issues,
coordinate new equipment installation and start-up.
- An interest in pursuing greater technology knowledge and experience by working with, and
learning from senior team members in Optics Process Development.
- Strong appreciation and knowledge development of relevant industry standards and
- Exposure to advanced technology practiced, both in manufacturing processes and R&D areas.
Some hands-on, practical knowledge in core process development technologies, as well as new
technologies that are applicable to Process Development use
- Ability to write reports relating to tasks assigned
- Use of assembly equipment, hardware, test equipment, software and program languages used by
Education & Experience Requirements
- Associate degree (2 years) required in an engineering discipline from a college or
university related to a technology field including mechanical, mechatronics, electronics or
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or opto-microelectronic, SMT development
environment or the equivalent in education and experience
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience