Location: Haifa, Israel
Requisition Number: 190089
Process Development Senior Engineer
The Optics Process Development Senior Engineer coordinates activities focused on developing and
deploying technical solutions within the Optics Process Development group. They contribute to
the investigation, evaluation, development and deployment of processes that use optical,
microelectronic and other precision assembly technologies. They are responsible for making sure
that all deliverables of the process development project that they are responsible for are
completed before transfer to a production site. Responsible for technical development of optical
process development technicians and other staff as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in development of RFI, RFQ, SOWs, Proposals to meet customer and business unit expectations
- Be familiar with the optical process assembly equipment, materials, analytical tools, and test methods etc. that are used by the Process Development team.
- Support internal groups and customer (attend design reviews, perform FMEAs, DFMs etc.) to ensure a manufacturable, testable product.
- Attend customer meetings in support of Jabil business development as requested
- Investigate, develop and deploy key processes assigned.
- Proficient use of FMEA, DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, DFM and other analyses as required
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and MiniTAB
- Actively participate in technical development of process development technicians
- Create and organize appropriate documentation and records for experiments, analysis etc.
- Provide effective work direction for technicians assigned to project.
- Attend seminars and conferences associated with relevant technology topics as a representative of Jabil
- Collaborate, exercise courtesy & respect to all Jabil, supplier, and customer personnel
- Complete training requirements identified by department manager (including Success Factors)
- Comply with departmental time tracking procedures for all work performed
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Comply and follow all procedures associated with the laboratory.
- Possess a current, valid passport
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Site Director or his designate.
- Job is NOT directly responsible for managing other employees (e.g., hiring/termination
and/or pay decisions, performance management).
- Proficient in the design and implementation of processes for Process Development projects
- Advanced understanding of optics, microelectronics, and other technologies as it applies to
Imaging and Projection products. Hands on practical knowledge is required in one or more of
these technologies as well.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative process solutions
- Proficient ability to write, create presentations, and speak at internal and customer
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and specifications
- Knowledge of statistical methods, tools etc.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge on the status and breakthroughs of applicable Process
Development technologies. Join technology forums, associations and also attend conference,
lectures, exhibitions etc. when possible.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelors degree required in an engineering discipline from a college or university related
to a technology field
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or technical development environment
- Maintain membership in at least one recognized professional association (i.e. SPIE, SMTA,
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.