Location: Haifa, Israel
Requisition Number: 190090
Process Development Lead Engineer
The Optics Process Development Lead Engineer coordinates activities focused on developing and
deploying technical solutions within the Process Development group. They contribute to the
investigation, evaluation, development and deployment of processes that use optical,
microelectronic and other precision assembly technologies. They are responsible for making sure
that all deliverables of the process development project that they are responsible for are
completed before transfer to a production site. Provide technical oversight of optical process
development team members assigned to lead engineer.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Participate in development of RFI, RFQ, SOWs, Proposals to meet customer and business unit
- Be familiar with the optical process assembly equipment, materials, analytical tools, test
methods etc. that are used by the Optical Process Development team. This includes Active
Alignment, Optical Testing, Optical Assembly, bare die assembly, wire bonding, flip chip, as
these processes relate to imaging and projection applications.
- Support internal groups and customer (attends design reviews, perform FMEAs, DFMs etc.) to
ensure a manufacturable, testable product.
- Attend customer meetings in support of Jabil business development as requested
- Investigate, develop and deploy key processes assigned.
- Proficient use of FMEA, DOE, CPK analysis, Gage R&R studies, DFM and other analyses as
- Understand and follow the Jabil Optics PDP (product development plan)
- Proficient use of MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Minitab
- Ability to create and maintain project plans using MS Project or similar tools.
- Provide technical oversight, mentoring of process development engineers and technicians
assigned to lead engineer
- Supervise laboratory personnel responsible for projects/tasks assigned by lead engineer
- Create and organize appropriate documentation and records
- Establish relationships with key suppliers and coordinate the development, acceptance and
production use of supplier technology
- Lead technology training, transfer of best practices, and integration within Jabil
- Organize sessions at seminars and conferences associated with relevant technology topics as
a representative of Jabil
- Foster new relationships with suppliers, industry leaders, within Jabil’s technical and
business development community
- Create and organize appropriate documentation and records for experiments, analysis etc.
- Provide effective work direction for technicians assigned to project.
- Attend seminars and conferences associated with relevant technology topics as a
representative of Jabil
- Collaborate, exercise courtesy & respect to all Jabil, supplier, and customer personnel
- Complete training requirements identified by management (including Success Factors)
- Comply and follow all procedures within the company security policy
- Comply and follow all procedures associated with the laboratory.
- Possess a current, valid passport
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Management & Supervisory Responsibilities
- Typically reports to Site Director or his designate.
- Job is responsible for technically managing other employees but does not include hire/firing
etc. Will provide input to Process Development Manager during MBO Reviews and Annual Review.
- Proficient in the design and implementation of processes for Process Development projects
- Ability to lead small team of engineers and technicians on projects assigned
- Advanced understanding of optics, microelectronics, and other precision assembly
technologies as it applies to Imaging and Projection products. Hands on practical knowledge
is required in one or more of these technologies as well.
- Demonstrated ability to consistently provide innovative process solutions
- Proficient ability to write, create presentations, and speak at internal and customer
- Knowledge of relevant industry standards and specifications
- Knowledge of statistical methods, tools etc.
- Must maintain up-to-date knowledge on the status and breakthroughs of applicable Optical
Process Development technologies. Join technology forums, associations and also attend
conference, lectures, exhibitions etc. when possible.
- Ability to create and maintain project plans
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required (Masters preferred) in an engineering discipline from a college
or university related to a relevant technology field
- Minimum 9 years’ experience in a manufacturing and/or technical development environment
- Minimum 3 years’ experience leading small technical team members on projects
- Maintain membership in at least one recognized professional association (i.e. SPIE, SMTA,
MEPTEC, ILTAM, IEEE)
- Ability to perform project planning using MS Project or similar project planning tool
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.