Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Requisition Number: 202555
Principal Design Engineer (RD Optical)
As a Principal Engineer you will have developed an expertise in a particular field of
engineering or within a particular sector. You will have lead design teams through full product
development and into production. As a Principal, you will be expected to demonstrate a level of
expertise in a particular area that matches or exceeds the expertise of our customers. You will
consult on system architectures, assess technical requirements and competencies needed during
quoting and oversee design progressions during product developments.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Meet the requirements of Lead Design Engineer in your respective expertise.
- Will represent Jabil Design Engineering in technical customer discussions / meetings.
- Work with Project Managers in the quoting process.
- Provide technical input to help identify and solve project risks that may affect overall project plans and schedules.
- Is expected to support the development and utilization of processes for design.
- Mentoring of all engineering staff.
- Stay abreast of the latest technology and techniques to provide designs that are competitive and cost effective.
- Raise perception of Jabil’s acumen in the industry by authoring or presenting papers, articles, etc.
- Should be associated with applicable industry trade groups/organizations maintaining active membership and participation.
- Work with Site Directors to define potential R&D project proposals that will help increase areas of competencies needed.
- Lead the development and implementation of platform and product architectures in collaboration with senior technical staff.
- Guide and oversee the development of system component requirements, interfaces, and specifications necessary to maintain the consistency and integrity of the architectures.
- Manage product design and documentation at a system level.
- Perform independent research and engineering studies.
- Lead remote development teams.
- Effectively consult on multiple projects in parallel.
- Develop IP Patents, Technical Publications or White Papers.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Masters degree in Engineering from an accredited four-year college or university.
- Plus a minimum of 11-12 years of related experience and/or training.
- With a minimum of 2 years experience as a Lead Engineer.
- Specific requirements as defined by the market sector.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training or experience.