Location: Burlington, Massachusetts, USA
Requisition Number: 216945
Facilitate and lead strategic initiatives for a defined customer (internal or external) or user.
Provide management and guidance to multi-functional project teams. Manage and enhance customer
relationships. Provide full accountability for project budgets, schedules, project management,
and performance requirements for enterprise level projects.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Ensure project requirements and/or objectives are correctly gathered, understood and properly translated for execution.
- Build team(s) to address the project goals and objectives for multiple and/or enterprise level projects.
- Collaborate with customer (internal or external) from requirements gathering through product acceptance.
- Align program team to customer needs by establishing milestones, goals, and objectives based on input from all functional areas and stakeholders within the enterprise project.
- Review project schedules with functional project managers and project coordinators allocated to projects.
- Provide guidance and motivation to project teams to successfully achieve project goal and corporate initiatives.
- Communicate project objectives in terms of overall strategic business objectives.
- Serve as interface with customers, vendors, stakeholders and project sponsor(s).
- Devise creative solutions to critical customer and user needs.
- Manage development of project plans with focus on achievement of project goals and corporate initiatives, including project specific Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) or metrics.
- Recognize project's Key Performance Indicators (KPI) and manage the work within scope, quality, time and cost constraints.
- Obtain and summarize current project information and milestone status versus project performance baseline.
- Drive project/program tasks to completion in accordance with the project schedule.
- Coordinate team efforts to develop integrated project plan and risk analysis with action plans to mitigate the risks.
- Management of Resource capacity and time tracking allocated to enterprise level project.
- Financial Management and analysis of costs for enterprise level projects and programs including Capital Expenditures Requests (CER's) travel, training, resources allocation and other project related costs.
- Forecast project budget and HR needs for current and future site needs.
- Accountable for overall project success - including cost, schedule, quality, and scope management.
- Balance the cost, schedule and time frames against the enterprise level project requirements.
- Report project status, issues and implemented solutions as well as evaluations and assessments of the results.
- Identify best cost solutions to reduce cost by streamlining processes and systems (i.e. modification of responsibilities or consolidation of tasks, elimination of non-value added processes, or complete re-engineering of processes and systems).
- Provide key stakeholders with regular project performance status, variances to plan, and identification of corrective actions (if required).
- Participate in the exchange of ideas and information within the department and with other Jabil facilities to ensure best practices are shared throughout the company.
- Drive continuous improvement through trend reporting analysis and metrics management.
- Design clear and consistent messages for a variety of diverse audiences, ensuring relevance and effectiveness of delivery.
- Working closely with communications, stakeholders , and management to stay informed of important company information to evaluate and measure program effectiveness and impact on the business.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree required ( Engineering or related field)
- 5 years work-related experience required in project management or related discipline.
- Or an equivalent combination of education, training and/or experience.